Around 6.30pm, I was on the fast lane of the main road between USJ9 & USJ10. I only seeing the glare of sunlight and a sudden sound of bang took place. I immediately stopped my car as I clearly felt I have hit onto something. Even when I stopped my car, I still could not see through the glare. I came down from my car and saw the lady sat on the grass between this side of the lane and opposite lane. I quickly walked to her and saw her forehead was bleeding.
A colleague of mine and a stranger came to help. A chinese man was directing us to the nearest clinic. I asked if she could stand up and walk to my car and with our assistance, we managed to get her into my car. We drove to the clinic at USJ9, the nurse came out to see and directed us to QHC instead as they are not able to help on this incident. We went to QHC which located at the same area, the doctor himself came out and said they could not do anything for her as she should go for CT scan and X-ray where they do not have the equipment for CT scan and X-ray department has closed. He told us to send her to SJMC immediately.
As my car seems to be dragging something while I was driving it, my colleague gave us a ride to the hospital. We sent her to the emergency ward. We have no details of her as she could not remember anything. She did not know what had happened, why was she there, and so on. She told us her name is Xiao Na. Her phone no longer functioning, could not call her friends. We managed to get the SIM card out from her phone and inserted into our phone to call her friends. At least when I read her the names from the Phonebook, she still managed to tell me which to call. We were then able to call her friend named Cheng Jing.
Around 8pm, LJK finally reached the hospital. At the same time Cheng Jing with another two men arrived. One of the men is a Malaysian and the rest are from China. They finally registered her details with the hospital. The China man stayed and waited with us. The nurse called us in for a few times to translate for them.
I called my dad at 10pm and told him about the incident. They came to pick me up and went back to QHC entrance while LJK waited at the hospital in case they need translator. We drove the car back to the office. The car bumper, lamp and side mirror on the right side are damaged.
We went back to the hospital and she has done the CT scan and X-ray. We waited until 12am and the doctor told us she can be discharged as there is no internal injuries based on the CT scan and X-ray. That was a relieved. We continued to wait for the doctor to sew her wounds on the forehead. End up the doctor requested us to explain to her as she refused to get sewing. Since so, the doctor gave her skin tape instead.
Around 1am, we finally leaving the hospital after I settled the payment of RM1084 with medication. We sent both of them back to USJ9. The moment I got down from the car in front of their house, I stepped on shit, really "hak chai". We drove to office, and tried to clean my shoes and carpet, it was seriously stink. We went home and bath before picking up Kayleigh from parents-in-law's house at 2.15am. It was a long day. Could not sleep that night.
On the next morning, after sending Kayleigh to baby-sitter's place, LJK and I went to USJ8 police station to make a police report. I described the incident as it is to the traffic police officer. We then looked for the appointed sergeant. We waited outside the sergeants office but no sign of him. Called the sergeant's contact and fortunately he picked up and told us to wait. I went in to see the sergeant myself. At first the sergeant does not seem to be nice as he asked why now only came to report. I explained the incident to him and pointed the exact spot that it happened on his phone with google map opened. He seems to accept and no more rudeness from him. He also asked why the lady was on that road that moment. God knows.
After done with this sergeant, we went to pay RM4 for the report and get police photographer to take pictures of the car. We went to the workshop behind the office for a quotation to repair the car. It came out to be RM2k plus. I took EL for a half day and went for an early lunch with LJK after dropping by Hyundai service center next door. Whole day no news from the lady.
On Wednesday afternoon around 3.30pm, the China man called me and said her forehead injury is recovering but having back pain and that day did not had X-ray on the back. He also mentioned she supposed to fly back to China on Thursday but could not make it so the air ticket will be burned. He asked me to send her to the hospital again to clean the wound since doctor mentioned it need to be cleaned after 3 days. That moment I felt so helpless, not knowing how to reject which I knew I should not agreed with that request. I called LJK and he managed to call the China man. The China man also mentioned her phone is not functioning anymore. LJK spoke to him and told him clearly that if they think her subsequent follow ups to be on me, she can make a police report. After the call, no more news from her.
Another "hak chai" thing, 5684 came out on Da Ma Chai but we forgotten to buy.
No comments:
Post a Comment