Friday, November 7, 2014

My Pregnancy

I found out that I was pregnant not long after my marriage. 
The feeling of being pregnant was somehow awesome.

We went to the most exhausted trip to Boracay when I was about 1 month pregnancy.

No appetite with the food there.
The vomiting part started in the second month.

We both are Thalassemia alpha carrier, so I did this Amniocentesis when I was entering my third month pregnancy. The procedure started with a local anesthetic before the insertion of the needle used to withdraw the fluid. The needle was inserted through my abdominal wall, then through the wall of the uterus, and finally into the amniotic sac. The painful part was after it was done.


Waited for weeks for the result and we were so thankful that our baby is "clean". 


I have been eating a lot during fourth month of pregnancy. I guess that is when I get to eat without the need of hiding my tummy. Hahaha...


Just a blink of an eye, she was eager to come out . On the 6th of July, I was bleeding, we thought that she is coming out so we went to the hospital. The midwife put in her 2 fat fingers, twisting around and said not open yet. I was comfortable before she poke her fingers in, but after tat process, I was in pain, as though I was being raped. =.="


Oh well, the doctor said she still wants to stay in mummy's tummy so I went home.


Sunday night, felt the pain on and off. Woke him up and he said wait until morning. Whatsapp the doctor on Monday morning and the doctor said come to the hospital immediately. Waited for him to come home from work to send me to the hospital (He still went to work in the morning, want me to wait longer... %#$%#$%#). After sending me to the hospital, he went back to the office to pack his laptop and stuff (.................................). I was alone in the labor room waiting for the time to pass. 


About 2 hours later, he came back. We watched the doctor put in his fingers and checked. 3cm opened (the doctor was very gentle, unlike the midwife), baby will be coming soon. As the contraction was not consistent, they put me on drips.


I felt the pain every 2 minutes and I could not take it anymore. I asked for the spinal epidural. Injecting that was also painful as the anesthetist needed to poke for a second time because the first attempt failed. Once he injected it, the pain immediately relieved but I can still feel the wave coming. When the wave comes, that was when the midwives and the doctor shouted PUSH!!! (I think that day those midwives were very free, many of them came in and helped me to push...) He was standing beside me to push my head forward to give me more strength whenever the contraction comes. 


I think I have pushed for don't know how many rounds and finally the doctor said he will help me to lead the baby out using vacuum. He tried but failed. I don't know what happened, the moment he failed to do so, i just pushed until God knows what happened. 


Tadaaaaa, baby came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment